Well I have finally started on what is very likely going to be a long road filled with pain, anguish, but ulitmately huge reward if I can achieve all my goals.
The aim is to be fit enough to compete in the London Marathon in 2012. This journey starts today, and I hope to run in at least 3 x10K races and 3 x Half Marathos finishing in London with the Marathon. The other challenge of course is to lose quite a significant amount of weight, with my target being 12st 7lbs.
The initial weigh in has been done, and tonight I weigh in at 15st 12lbs, so nearly 3 1/2 st to lose. Over the next weeks and months, I will update this Blog highlighting my progress both in terms of weight loss, and my overall fitness level.
Obviously, the benefits to me need no explaining, but I am going to ask all my friends and family (and anyone else who feels so inclined) to sponsor me on this journey, and the proceeds will be split evenly to the charities highlighted below.
Cancer Research
Great Ormand Street Hospital
Wiltshire Air Ambulance
Well enough for today and let the challenge commence
Dave
No comments:
Post a Comment